Makaira Game Reels are built from the ground up to be the toughest and most durable reels an angler could own. Constructed from the finest and strongest components available, Makaira series reels are big game reels developed to pursue everything from Giant Trevally and trophy-sized Yellowtail, to the most formidable adversaries in the ocean, like giant Bluefin Tuna, Marlin, Yellowfin Tuna and large sharks.
• Forged stainless steel main gear for ultimate power
• BB Material: High performance stainless steel bearings
• Gear material: stainless steel on main gear/transmission gear/main shaft
• Drag knob: CNC machine cut aluminum
• DFD: Precision Dual Force Drag system
• Precision click drag adjustment for more precise settings
• Multi-disc, Carbonite and felt drag washers for DFD
• Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing plus ratchet system
• Dual anti-reverse system for maximum security
• CRC: Corrosion-resistant coating process
• ALC: Rigid diecast aluminum body, sideplate and rotor
• MSS: Carbon Mechanical Stabilizing System
• Precision Elliptical Gearing System
• Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool with LCS lip
• Machined aluminum handle arm for added strength
• Hydro Block water tight drag seal
• Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire
Max Drag Force(kg)
Mono line capacity(mm)
Braided line rating (Tuf line)
Right handed High-speed spinning reels
9HPB + 1RB
0.32/420, 0.37/300, 0.42/250
9HPB + 1RB
0.45/450, 0.50/370, 0.55/300
9HPB + 1RB
0.55/530, 0.60/450, 0.65/380
MAXGEAR - Powered by Forged Stainless
The Makaira spinning reels are in a class of their own featuring a forged stainless steel, 17-4 grade machine cut gear. This reel was designed for ultimate strength and light weight.
DFD: Dual Force Drag System
The Makaira drag system utilizes the complete surface area of the carbon fiber drag washers; the system has been engineered to make full contact with the outer edges of our carbon washers, which maximizes efficiency and the ability to deliver high drag outputs.
The Makaira spinning reel features a unique high output drag that can achieve extreme max pressures over 30kg. This unique drag system works very much like a conventional lever drag reel allowing anglers to pre-set their drag based on their target species or required drag output.
Hydro Sealed Body
Makaira spinning reels are engineered to withstand the most brutal conditions the ocean can offer all the internal mechanisms are sealed and protected from salt. The result is the best-of-the-best when it comes to big game fishing reels.
Forged Aluminum Housing
The Makaira is unmatched in elite level spinning reels with a forged, machine cut aluminum body, sideplate and rotor. There are no die-cast parts on this reel. The Makaira is the elite reel in the category, with a complete forged aluminum housing.
All Makaira spinning reels are equipped with a dual anti-revere system, in order to match the same strength and integrity as the rest of the reel. The Quick-Set anti-reverse features a top of the line German stainless steel one-way roller bearing for maximum strength and pulling power.
Separate handles for both left and right hand retrieve to ensure that regardless of handle retrieve direction, there is no sacrifice in strength.