The Torsion Control Armour (TCA) design found on the new Okuma Helios SX spinning reels is made with Okuma's C-40X long-strand carbon fibre technology. This not only makes the reel lighter, but also makes the reel extremely rigid which reduces twist and torque and keeps the internal parts in perfect alignment. The Cyclonic Flow Rotor (CFR) was designed to create a "cyclonic" airflow, which significantly increases airflow throught the ported rotor. This thoroughly tested design allows for a much faster drying time if the reel becomes wet, minimising corrosion possibilities throughout the reel.
Can be used for freshwater and inshore saltwater fishing.
- Light weight C-40X carbon frame and sideplates
- C-40X Cyclonic Flow Rotor for corrosion resistance
- TCA: Torsion Control Armor reduces twisting
- 8HPB + 1RB corrosion resistant stainless steel bearings
- Quick-Set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- ALG: Precision AlumiLite alloy main gear and oscillating gears
- Rigid, machined aluminum, anodized handle
- Light weight, EVA handle knobs for comfort
- Precision Elliptical Gearing system
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool
- Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System
- LCS line control spool